Fall is here! The leaves are changing and the weather is becoming cooler in some parts of the country. No matter where you choose to tailgate, it takes a lot. And storing all of these supplies at the end can take up much space. Tailgate storage is a great option when you have everything, from decorations to grills to speakers systems to more.
Greenbar Secure Storage has the expertise to help you get ready for tailgating season.
Why should I invest in tailgate storage?
It doesn’t make sense to store tailgating food and drinks if you don’t usually bring them. However, if you host tailgating parties or bring a lot of equipment to the party, it might be worth it. You will be amazed at how much space you can use when you think about all the equipment and materials needed for a tailgate.
It doesn’t matter if you like tailgating at football games, or setting up tents at fall festivals, having enough space for your gear is crucial. For those who live in apartments with limited space, tailgating storage can be a great investment. Greenbar Secure Storage blog readers are familiar with the importance of having a storage unit if you reside in an apartment. We bet that you haven’t thought of using the storage unit to store your tailgating supplies.
What tailgating gear can I store in storage?
You can store most of the items you need for your next tailgating party in storage. You don’t need to keep any food or beverages at home. These are just a few of the tailgating items that we have seen stored:
- Tables and chairs
- Tailgating games such as KanJam, cornhole, and ladder toss
- Grills for charcoal
- Sound systems and speakers
How to prepare your tailgating gear for storage
Most tailgating gear doesn’t require much preparation before being put away. Tents that are wet should be dried as moisture can cause mold and mildew. To prevent dry rot, you will need to bag it. To prevent pests from getting into your coolers, tables, and chairs, you should wipe them down.
Getting your grill ready is one of the most important things you can do for your tailgating gear. This is particularly important as improperly caring for your grill can cause premature rust, and pests could even eat the leftovers.
There are many ways to clean a grill. But here’s one way to clean it before you put it in storage.
- Wash the ashtray and empty it.
- To clean your grill, turn up the heat and cook any leftover food. Or you can steam it. After you are done, let the grill cool down. Then you can use a grill stone on the grill to clean the inside.
- To prevent rust, coat the grates in high-heat oils while the grill is stored.
Do I need climate-controlled tailgate storage?
Many of these items will be exposed to the elements so it might not make sense to keep them in a controlled environment. Long-term storage may lead to items being replaced that could have been better if you had more thought. A climate-controlled unit can be helpful in minimizing moisture in items such as tents or tailgating games that have wooden or fabric components. You can also keep your grill safe by storing it in climate control.
Picking the best location for tailgate storage
You should consider the storage unit size when choosing the right storage unit to store your tailgating gear. The location of the storage facility is also important. We recommend that you choose a storage facility close to your home if you need additional household goods. However, this may not be the best choice for tailgating gear. You can keep your gear at home if you have regular game-day shindigs.
Renting a storage unit near the stadium is a great way to get all the gear you need to set up your party.
Tailgate at football games with Greenbar
Tailgating at football games should be enjoyable and stress-free. However, if you have too many items, it can ruin the fun of your fall celebrations. You can store all your tailgating gear and easily pick it up after the game with a self-storage unit.
Greenbar Secure Storage makes tailgate storage easy. Greenbar Secure Storage is the perfect place for avid football fans. With flexible monthly lease terms and extended hours at most locations, as well as security features that are robust and secure, you can be sure to find everything you need.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.