How big a storage unit should I get? The answer is not always easy, as there are many standard sizes of storage units in Madras Oregon with different features.
The best storage unit size for you depends on several factors such as availability, intended use, and how much stuff it will hold.
This in-depth storage unit size guide, complete with videos, will help you narrow down your choices.
How to Choose the Right Storage Unit Size
It is not a good idea to outgrow your storage unit only to have to move it to another space. To determine the size of storage unit that you require, first, assess its primary purpose.
Common questions to ask are:
- What about storing a car?
- What about expanding my business inventory?
- Do I require temporary storage to store my belongings during a move?
- Are there items I would like to keep indefinitely?
- Do I have to rotate items into and out of this unit?
It is important to understand what you need to store and how frequently the items will be changed. You will need to consider the function of your storage unit before you decide on the size.
If you intend to store inventory online, you should rent a bigger unit to allow you to grow. You can declutter your home by renting a storage unit that has more space.
If you are only looking to store your items for a short-term move, choose a unit that is appropriate for your first belongings. This situation will not change the size of your storage unit.
2. Create a preliminary inventory.
Although you may have an idea of what you want to store in your storage units in Madras Oregon, it is helpful to walk through your home and make a list. Sometimes, you won’t realize how many things you need until you take inventory.
Take the following note when making your inventory:
- Consider how many boxes you will store in each box.
- Decide how many furniture pieces will be stored.
- If possible, get rough measurements for larger pieces.
3. Use painter’s tape to measure storage units in Madras Oregon.
Here’s a trick that will help you visualize space. Mark a space in your driveway that is the same size as an average unit (listed below) with painter’s tape or masking tape. To see how fast the area fills up, place empty moving boxes in there. This works best with smaller storage units in Madras Oregon.
4. If you’re in doubt, go one size bigger.
Safety reasons are more important than economics. You shouldn’t choose a smaller storage unit than you actually need. You should not pack boxes higher than four inches high. Avoid stacking furniture that is more than 2 feet high. This could cause damage to your belongings and create a safety hazard during unpacking.
You should also keep in mind that a larger unit can cost only a few dollars more per month. A larger unit may be cheaper if it’s available. If the storage unit isn’t climate-controlled, you could save money. Do not let the bigger size discourage you from running the numbers.
Choose Greenbar Secure Storage
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units in Madras Oregon available in Prineville, Bend, and Redmond Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.