Most musical instrument stores offer some type of musical instrument storage service. Just remember, you want a case made out of solid wood, with quality hardware. Make sure the elastic straps will hold fast through heavy use. Also, if the instrument is valuable to you, it’s always a great safety measure to get it inspected each season by a professional technician.
With the busy life we have, our time and effort can be limited. So that is why some of us are struggling with the task of procuring the perfect musical instrument storage.
A Proper Case and Padding
The quality of your case will determine how long you will keep your instrument. It is best to use the original case made for your instrument. If this is not possible, you can use a case that conforms to the dimensions of your instrument and has water-proof properties. It’s important to not leave anything to chance. Storing your instrument inside a cardboard box, or any other unsuitable case will only shorten its lifespan and increase damage risks. Using self storage will prolong the life of your instruments.
To prevent any damage or scuffing during transit, it is advisable to protect larger instruments such as a piano or drum set with thick padding, sheet, or tarp.
For the duration of storage, it is best to keep your instruments off the ground and away from doors and vents. You should store your instruments in separate parts to ensure safety.
Polish, Clean, and Prepare Your Instrument
Polish brass instruments with a white cotton cloth and scrub the interior tubing using a brush designed for safety and maintenance. Woodwinds can follow the same steps, except that wax paste replaces the polish. To reduce dust accumulation on guitars, and keyboards, wipe any smudges off with a cotton cloth. To relieve tension on guitars, you can loosen the strings.
A lot of musical instruments are expensive so it is important to take care of them in order for them to last. It is important to clean them and keep them from dust since that is what can damage them the most. The best way to store a musical instrument is with a guitar stand or a keyboard stand. This is one of the reasons why they have been created, so people can easily access their instruments and not have to worry about damaging anything.
Call Green Bar Storage
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.
Contact us to reserve your secure unit today with Greenbar Secure Storage!