Imagine you’re reading the weather forecast, which says temperatures will be freezing. You have all your winter clothing stored. You feel the wind and chill in Prineville and head to your organize self storage unit.
Imagine that your holiday decorations and baking supplies are in storage. Now, think about how to efficiently Organize Your Self Storage Unit to avoid frustration when your baking and holiday supplies are stored away.
You don’t want to be doing this, especially if the weather is terrible or you cannot plan your trip. Planning ahead is crucial to avoid any issues later. Here are nine tips for organizing your Prineville storage unit with Greenbar Storages’ methods, so that you can easily find the items you need whenever you need them.
1. Select one size box to fit all or most items.
The boxes are easier to stack, and they can be easily accessed. Life Storage’s medium and small boxes are ideal for the majority of items you have in your home. The large boxes are great for smaller items but may not hold up well in large stacks. Removing items from large boxes can be difficult – especially at the bottom.
2. What might you need to have access to while in storage?
When you pack, you may need items that you don’t often use. When storing your items, consider what you may need. Pay special attention to seasonal items.
- You may need to remove certain items from your storage unit.
- Winter or summer clothing
- Trip supplies (tents, sleeping bags, snorkeling gear, sleds, cookout utensils)
- All holiday items include decor, costumes and bakeware
- Toys (kids may enjoy a “new box” of toys if bored with what they already have).
- Tool and hobby supplies
- Office documents
3. Label each box you pack.
Label each box on the top and one side. Labels must include the box’s unique number, its origin, and what it contains. Mark the boxes you may need in the future. Place them first in your Prineville storage units. Include as many details as you can about the contents.
4. Create a master list of content.
On paper, write down the contents and box number for each box. A master list may seem excessive, but it can be extremely helpful when you need to find a specific item.
It is possible to use tools that allow you to dictate text so you do not have to type each word. You can use your inventory as labels if you are not confident with your handwriting.
5. Plan a well-organized storage layout.
If you plan to use your storage unit often, it is important to have a plan for packing. Place the furniture opposite the boxes to make the unit accessible. This allows you to easily access the furniture and boxes. If you need to make use of the space, place your most mobile items in the center.
6. Upgrade to a larger unit.
You could pack every inch as if you were a Tetris expert, but this would make it hard to retrieve your items. You can increase the storage space in your unit by adding shelving. also create a pathway through the middle of your unit for quick access to your items.
Use the space for wooden or plastic pallets to protect your furniture, appliances and boxes from getting splattered. Space that is not used will be wasted. The Life Storage Size Calculator can give you an idea of the space you need.
7. Stack or shelf the boxes.
If you plan to store items for an extended period of time, sturdy shelves can be installed along the wall. If you are not sure how to stack your boxes, these guidelines can help.
Stack the boxes in order of need. The boxes that you use most frequently will be the easiest to reach. The boxes should be placed near the door or on shelves that have labels facing outward.
Then you can stack the lighter boxes on top. Don’t stack boxes above your head. Be careful when you stack boxes. The entire stack could fall if it is higher than the height of your head. This can be a danger to you as well as any items stored in Prineville storage units.
Consider using the brick wall pattern when stacking boxes of identical size. The brick wall pattern may appear inefficient because you’ll have gaps at the end of your stacks. However, it can be used for removing and placing boxes without moving the ones above.
8. You can put a map in the unit of your belongings so that everyone will be able to see it.
Marking boxes and items which are clearly visible is not necessary. You should mark any items on the map that are difficult to find. Knowing the area is enough. It’s enough to have a hand-drawn map.
You can use your master content list and map to locate a box or item that was buried behind the storage units in Prineville. Your master content list can be used to find a box, or an item, that is buried behind storage units in Prineville.
9. Take all of your boxes out.
If you’ve already packed, but have a lot of unlabeled boxes, it could save you time. You can re-use seasonal items like bakeware and clothes in their own boxes.
Pack items that fall into the general categories. You don’t need to pack boots or coats along with snorkeling equipment. You will find it easier to forgive yourself for taking the time to label and repackage all your items.
Initially, these five steps may seem time-consuming, especially if you already have everything in boxes. They are well worth the effort. You will save time and energy in the future.
Call Greenbar Secure Storage
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for a convenient clean organize Self Storage Unit. Our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.