It is time to get rid of all storage for outdoor furniture and prepare it for the new season and lazy summer days. You’ll be able to spend a bit more time doing spring repairs and will have less work to do when fall turns back into winter, and you are getting ready to store it again. Taking the time to clean and repair outdoor tables, couches, chairs, and umbrellas means you’ll be able to extend the life of your investment sometimes for years.
To remove dirt and dust from wood, metal, wicker or rattan frames, wash them with cold water and mild soap. To keep cushion covers and fabric colors vibrant, it is important to wash them according to manufacturer instructions. Be sure no soap remains. To prevent rusting and warping, dry thoroughly.
Over the winter, metal frames and parts can rust. To remove rust, use sandpaper. To prevent the problem from returning, make sure to apply clear wax or rust inhibiting primer and paint. Untreated rust can eventually cause damage to the metal structure, making your furniture unsteady.
Fill in The Gaps
Epoxy or wood filler can be used to fill cracks in wooden furniture. Select a product that matches the wood’s color and then paint or stain the filling.
Wicker and Rattan
This is the right time to repair a damaged weave on rattan or other wicker furniture. If you are looking to repair the damage yourself, you can buy rattan straws or reeds online. If you don’t have the skills to repair furniture, take it to a professional. You can paint the areas that have been repaired to match the original areas, or you can use the paint job to completely transform the appearance of your patio furniture.
Oil and Grease
To loosen hinges and protect metal parts, use WD-40 or any other household oil or grease. To keep patio chairs from spinning or turning, apply a bit of oil to the joints.
In a few months It will feel like summer is finally here when you have your patio set up for barbecues, dinner parties or long evenings laughing with and talking to friends. You can use storage for outdoor furniture and tools in self-storage units when not using them. Greenbar Storage offers self-storage units of varying sizes. You can find the right unit for you on our homepage.
Contact Greenbar Storage
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.