What is self storage?
Self storage is a great storage solution for short-term and long-term storage. Search for storage facilities in your area to find self storage. These businesses offer customers a range of storage options, including storage units and storage lockers.
A person can rent a storage unit if they feel they require extra storage. Most storage units can be rented on a monthly basis. You will need to have a form ID and a lock in order to get access to your storage unit. Green Bar Secure Storage offers online storage options. Online signing of a contract is possible. You will have access to your storage unit immediately.
These steps will help you understand how self storage works so that you can plan for your rental experience.
How to rent a storage unit
1. Choose a storage facility.
Most storage units operate in the same manner. The contract is signed and the storage unit is rented for a specific period of time. Each storage facility is different. Some companies may have stronger security measures.
Find out the essential security features a storage facility must-have. You should not feel uneasy about the storage facility if you don’t like certain components or feel uncomfortable.
2. Determine what size self storage unit you need.
Customers make the biggest mistake of choosing the wrong size storage unit. You’ll lose money if you rent a storage space that is too big. You’ll also be more labor-intensive if you choose a smaller space. If you are having trouble conceptualizing space, this space estimate may help.
3. Rent a storage unit online or in person.
You can decide whether to rent the unit online or in person. Renting online will save you time. If this is your first rental, it might be worth going to the storage unit in person. To find out more about the policies of the company, call ahead or visit their website.
What you need to know about renting
- You can rent a space in the future online if you wish to make sure it is reserved. To complete your rental agreement, however, you will need to visit the Green Bar Secure Storage location.
- A storage manager can assist you in finding your unit if you have difficulty navigating spaces.
4. Complete your rental agreement.
The rental agreement is at the core of self-storage. Your rental agreement will contain all terms and conditions of your lease. This agreement will also set the tone for what you can expect. Before you sign, make sure to read all terms. Depending on the circumstances, you can sign the agreement either in person or online.
Technically, we are unable to give legal advice about lease terms. The terms can be explained by a storage manager. We recommend that you consult a lawyer if you have any questions regarding the contract.
What is in a rental agreement?
- Description of the unit
- Length of the lease
- Tenant responsibilities (ex. You can’t live with your storage unit
- Cancellation terms
- Non-payment terms
Pro Tip: Renters insurance is a must.
Many storage facilities will require some type of renters insurance. This is to protect both the landlord and tenant. Green Bar Secure Storage provides property tenant insurance through a third party. If you have homeowner’s or renters’ insurance that covers your storage unit, this requirement may be waived.
5. Make an initial payment.
After signing the lease, you will be responsible for the first month’s rent. Online payments are possible for future monthly rents. Some companies offer auto or in-person payments.
To avoid late fees building up, make sure you pay your monthly payments on time. Your storage unit may be taken away if you fail to pay for several months consecutively.
6. Access your unit and move in.
It doesn’t matter if you rent online or in person, access to your unit is different. A storage manager will help you find your unit if you rent it in person.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Bend, Madras, and Redmond Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.