Ever wonder why self storage in Prineville facilities are popping up everywhere? What are people storing in these storage units? What is the point of storage?
Although we at Greenbar Secure Storage had an idea of our customers and the reasons they needed storage, we decided to dig deeper. Our customers gave us their main reasons for needing extra storage in a survey.
Customers surveyed indicated that 41% needed storage to move. Next was 17% who said that they use storage to de-clutter their homes. Do you want to find out more reasons storage units are used? Continue reading to learn more.
1. To ease the stress of moving.
Moving can be a stressful experience. Moving to a new state or to our first home can be stressful.
A storage unit may be temporarily rented to solve common moving problems. Here are some common reasons why people rent storage units during a move.
Self storage In Prineville may be required for moving situations:
- Downsizing. You might not have the time to go through everything quickly if you need to move into a smaller house. You don’t want to rush and make mistakes that you will regret later. Instead, store the excess in a storage unit.
- Selling a house. Do you have children or pets? There might be many things in your house that aren’t ready for a showing. A lot of realtors recommend renting a small storage unit for storing clunky items away from your home during the selling process.
- The closing date has been pushed back. A storage unit will almost be a necessity if you have to move out of your apartment before February 28th, but not until March 15. Although it may be annoying to have to move twice in a row, you can rest assured that your stuff will remain safe and sound.
- This is a temporary job that does not have a permanent home. You might also need a storage unit for your home base belongings. When you’re ready to settle down, the storage unit can be moved to a more permanent home.
- Consolidating houses. This can occur when a couple moves in together, or when an elderly parent moves into a home with a child. There is likely to be lots of stuff in either case. You and your family can have a safe place to store all of your belongings until you are ready for the next phase.
2. To give you more space in your home.
People have always had a strong desire for decluttering, even before the MarieKondo era. Sometimes, however, we don’t have the means to dispose of our belongings. It could be a gift from a distant relative or a token of our affection.
People will often temporarily rent storage units to declutter their homes and organize the contents. For those who are skilled in interior decorating, storage units can be used to store their house decor that they can change out.
3. To ensure that vehicles are safe during the offseason.
Customers store more than their cars. Self storage units are available for boats, RVs, and motorcycles during the off-season. Many people don’t have enough space in their garage or driveway to store their toys. Self storage In Prineville is therefore a more cost-effective option.
There are many ways to store your car or vehicle other than in a standard self storage unit.
The majority of self storage In Prineville facilities offer the following options:
- Outdoor parking spaces
- Outdoor spaces that are covered
- Climate controlled indoor storage units
4. This will help you organize your home renovation.
Although you might not be moving, you have decided to remove the back part of your home and build an addition. Homeowners can store the area that needs renovation and still have access to their workspace.
5. To store the belongings of a loved one.
It isn’t the most important thing to do after a loved one has died. There is usually a push for the house to be emptied in order to rent or sell it.
Emotions can be tempered by waiting a while before going through the belongings of a loved one. A piece you might have fought about may be handled with more grace and less anger after people have healed emotionally.
6. To clear a dorm in the summer.
Many college-bound kids are faced with the dilemma of how to store their belongings during summer. Every June, college students and their families fill storage facilities close to college campuses. It’s much easier than having to transport a room full of belongings from their dorm rooms back to their childhood bedrooms.
Some storage facilities offer discounts for the first month, which could help you save money. You may find yourself in a smaller unit than you need if you wait too long.
7. To organize inventory for businesses.
Have you ever tried to start your own business that would take over your entire home? Although it may seem like a smart way of saving money, eventually it can become a drain on your mental health. Small business owners often rent storage units to keep track of their inventory.
These are some of the most common businesses that value self storage in Prineville:
- Carpenters and contractors
- Antique and book dealers
- Retail shop owners
- Service and sales professionals
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Bend, Madras, and Redmond Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage in Prineville centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.
Contact us to reserve your self storage unit today with Greenbar Secure Storage!