Why Space Is Important In Classrooms
Many educators are disappointed by the limited space available for school supply storage for classrooms. Limited classroom storage can be a problem for teachers who share a classroom with others or who occupy small rooms.
It can be difficult for students to walk comfortably between their desks if there is too much clutter. It can be even more difficult to arrange desks in a circular arrangement or move them into groups.
Self Storage Units: The Ideal Solution for Teachers
Vertical storage, hanging things from the ceiling and Other resourceful ideas are all ways to maximize classroom space. However, you have a limited amount of square footage. Your room will eventually be too small to hold one or more homework assignments.
Self storage for classrooms gives you more space and helps prevent cramped classrooms. Teachers and students can feel anxious when their classrooms are cluttered. Also, too many things can make it difficult to focus on the lesson plan. Organizing your space allows you to focus on the important things: teaching your students.
How To Use A Storage Unit As A Teacher
Some supplies must be kept in the classroom. Others can be stored in nearby self-storage for classrooms. This will depend on your teaching style and the grade of your students. However, a storage unit can be a great way to free up space for educators.
You can plan ahead if you know which items are likely to cause disruptions in your classroom’s flow. Take note of items that are often left unused for long periods of times to help you decide which supplies you need. Also, store school supplies off-site if you only plan to use them for specific projects.
Store Your Items In Self Storage Units
These items will help you decide what to keep off-site and what to put in your classroom storage unit.
- Posters and charts
- Seasonal decorations
- Bulk purchases of supplies
- Pieces for rarely-used games
- Additional rugs, blankets and mats
- Holiday treats and candy packages
- Additional Magic Eraser sponges to wipe marks off walls
- Hopscotch and other interactive floor mats
- Extra furniture
How To Organize Your Storage Unit
Clear plastic containers with lids are used by many teachers for school supplies. These containers can be used to store supplies, projects and other items in your storage unit. You likely already have a label printer at home, so you can use it to make it even simpler and quicker to retrieve the items that you need.
Even though you can see through the clear containers, an inventory or categorizing each bin will allow you to quickly grab your flashcards, game pieces, and pencils.
How To Organize School Supply Storage
A plan will help you organize your space. You can make a plan or draw it out in your head. This will help you remember where your school supplies are at any moment. These are some tips to organize school supplies in a neat and logical manner.
- You can place less-used items in the back
- To ensure that all items are easily accessible, leave at least one aisle open
- If possible, buy identical-sized containers
- Place the largest containers at the bottom of each stack
You can also use shelves or hooks to provide additional storage for classrooms for your teaching materials and accessories. Make sure to check with staff before installing hooks or other fixtures in your storage facility.
Greenbar Secure Storage Gives You The Space Your Classroom Needs
You need somewhere to store wall maps and textbooks, or to protect holiday decorations in the off-season. Conveniently located self storage units can make it easy to organize and store clutter in a classroom.
Greenbar Secure Storage provides secure and easy access to school supplies for teachers in Central Oregon.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.
Contact us to reserve your secure unit today with Greenbar Secure Storage for your classrooms!