Most college students will have to plan what they are going to do with their dorm rooms when summer arrives. There are many options available to students, but a local self storage unit is the most cost-effective, reliable, and convenient. We’ve included a guide on summer storage for college students. It explains how it works and what you might need.
Are there any reasons college students might need summer storage?
Summer storage can be used for many reasons, including:
- Moving out of campus. Summer storage is a great option for a temporary storage solution.
- Insufficient on-campus storage. A local off-site storage unit may be a good option.
- Easy access. Summer storage allows you to store your belongings close to campus. This makes it simple for you and your family members to move in or out as often as you like. You won’t have the hassle of moving items back and forth from your dorm to your home. Summer storage units are the perfect storage solution for apartment-sized belongings and dorm rooms.
Students need the right size storage unit
What size storage do you need? A standard-sized storage unit is usually sufficient for college students.
A 5×5 storage unit is sufficient for most college students. These units can store a small sofa, futon or loveseat, as well as several boxes and other home decor items. A 5×10 storage unit may be required for students who live in apartments or other off-campus housing. These units can store a standard-sized sofa, a twin bed or smaller furniture, or to store that fridge you wanna take with you.
What items can you store in your dorm?
Maximize the space you have by being aware of what you can store in storage unit in Prineville. You can store a wide range of items in storage units. You might be interested in storing the following items in your dorm room:
- Clothes. Summer storage units in Prineville are great for storing winter clothes so you have more room, or to make sure you don’t have to take your entire wardrobe with you over the summer.
- Books. Books are essential for your coursework. However, they can be bulky and heavy to transport. They will be safe and easily accessible if they are stored in a storage facility.
- School supplies. It’s a smart idea to store any printers, notebooks, folders or other school supplies that are important to your academic success.
- Electronics. Televisions, stereos and music systems, keyboards, as well as other valuable electronics, can be difficult to transport. You also risk damaging them if you don’t take care of them.
- Vehicles. It is often not practical to drive all the distance to college to keep your car there. It’s a good idea to store your car in vehicle storage.
Greenbar Secure Storage: Why you should choose it
There are many storage companies that will allow you to store your belongings in summer storage. Greenbar Secure Storage stands out as a reliable, safe and high-quality storage solution for all your storage needs.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.