A little planning can make a big difference when it comes to organizing your camping gear. It’s much easier to retrieve your gear from storage units for your first spring camping trip if you take extra care in packing and organizing. Greenbar Storage will help you navigate the process with these five tips on storing camping gear.
Then clean it. Next, store it.
Before you store your gear for winter, make sure that it is clean and in good condition. Dirty tents can cause problems if they aren’t properly cleaned. Make sure that your gear is dry. Your tent or sleeping bag should not be dampened. Make sure you clean your cookware and stove from grease and grime.
This will not only make your storage unit cleaner but also ensure that you have longer-lasting gear. It’s worth doing a little more work upfront to make your storage unit last longer.
Maximize your space
Be creative as you pack everything. Do you want to store that 65-liter backpack that you have lugged along so many trails? Before you store it, make sure you have all your gear packed in it. This includes sleeping bags, pads, lanterns and ultralight collapsible chairs. You don’t want to waste space by scattering all your items around your storage unit. Storing camping gear properly will keep your unit looking organized.
Get the accessories
You can add shelving to your storage space if you are looking for a way to increase it. Also, you can use an old bookcase or industrial shelf to store your items. You can also use adhesive wall hooks to hang your gear. You can use compression sacks or lanterns to hang your gear.
Although this one is obvious, it’s important to mention nonetheless. Once the weather warms up, you’ll need easy access to your gear. Make sure to store camping gear as well as any other seasonal items, such patio furniture and yard equipment. Your unit’s front.
Invest in plastic boxes
The plastic boxes are strong and durable, so they can protect your gear and keep it centralized. They are also less likely to break down than cardboard boxes and can be labeled and transported back to your garage in spring.
Are you looking for storage ideas and organizational tips? Check out the Greenbar Storage blog.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.