Winter moving is a great time to move because fewer people are moving. This means you can save on everything, from apartment rentals to self storage units. Professional movers often offer discounts and promotions during the colder months. You should be ready for winter’s moving challenges. These are some winter moving tips to make the process enjoyable and easy when temperatures drop.
Check Everything Is Ready for Move-In Day
To ensure everything is set up for you upon your arrival in a new place, you should contact your real estate agent or rental agency before you move. Before you move in, make sure that all utilities have been turned on and set up. Our first tip for winter local moving is to make sure you visit the property on the day before. Clear any dangerous ice or snow from the walkways. You can reserve your self-storage unit ahead of time so that it is ready when you arrive.
Preparing Your Old House For Moving Out
Clear snow and ice from sidewalks, walkways and driveways. Salt or sand can be used to melt the ice and give traction. Clear out the parking lot to make space for large vehicles and dolls. To protect your flooring from snow and dirt tracked in during moving, you might want to place cardboard or plastic over high-traffic areas of your home. To avoid a last-minute trip, make sure you have enough packing and moving supplies.
Extra Winter Items In Stock
It is a good idea to keep an eye on the weather, and to have salt/sand, and shovels nearby. It’s always better to be prepared than sorry. Layers are important for transferring between temperatures. We know how difficult moving can be. For your party, make sure you have extra hats and mittens. Hot drinks are appreciated by all who help with the move, whether you’re moving on your own or hiring movers.
Prepare for Unplanned Weather Events
A winter storm can cause chaos in even the best-organized moving plans. The final tip for winter moving is to have a plan in place to cancel or reschedule if you are unable to move due to winter storms. Find out if the company has a reasonable policy to reschedule in winter conditions. This will ensure that you don’t get charged for any unexpected circumstances. Check with the local authorities before you plan your route. It is a good idea to let someone outside of your moving party know about your travel plans. In case of an emergency, let them know where you will be arriving and what your route is.
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.