Spring is all about new beginnings. Sunshine. Warmth. Extra daylight. All of this serves as motivation to get active and get your life in order. If you are thinking about a major move, don’t forget winter. There are many benefits to going against the grain. You might be able to save big on moving truck rental costs and get cheaper real estate. Greenbar Secure Storage has a few reasons why winter is the best time to move.
Moving Company And Moving Truck Savings
You can rent a truck to move your belongings or hire a company to do it. Winter may offer more flexibility in scheduling and steeper discounts due to lower demand. It’s simple, think about it. Many families plan summer moves when their children are not in school. People prefer to move in warm weather. If you are able to tolerate the cold, the best time to move, winter, could be a great option for your bank account.
Cheaper Real Estate & Rents
Winter tends to be a time when the real estate market cools down. This means that you can search for a hot deal. Make your move and take advantage of the sagging market. The trends in the rental market tend to be similar with rates dropping a little during winter. Another way to save money!
Winter Moving Tips
OK, we get it. Winter is the best time to move,and it’s cheaper. But what about the possibility of rain, snow, and frigid temperatures. That’s all well and good. These are some tips to help you plan your cold-weather move.
Plan your move around the weather forecast if you have any flexibility. You can plan around a possible snowstorm or rainstorm.
Reduce The Heat
You will likely leave your front door open while you load and unload. Adjust your thermostat to ensure that you don’t heat the great outdoors, as well as the indoors.
Here you are. Now you are ready to welcome the new year with an exciting winter move. Greenbar Secure Storage. has more tips and tricks for moving and storage.
Call Us Now!
Greenbar Secure Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, for Bend, Madras, and Redmond. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self-storage units. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses to make things as smooth as possible!
- Extra security and family-friendly
- Unbeatable onsite entrance tech
- Each unit is protected by a unique code
- Access your unit at your leisure
- Save money and have convenience when you most need it
We are proud of the many layers and security of control we have put into our secure storage units such as:
- High, heavy-duty fencing surrounds the storage facility at all locations including Redmond
- You can access your unit via electronic access using personalized codes.
- Timed access to individual units after entry and an automatic reset of security
- Galvanized steel walls are almost impossible to crack in storage units in Madras and our locations in Central Oregon.
- All hours of the day and night, well-lit areas in Bend and other Greenbar Secure Self Storage centers.
- A resident storage manager who lives on-site, carefully selected and screened and selected out of Prineville.